Prayer and Making Disciples

I’m convinced that it is impossible to make disciples of Jesus Christ without prayer. Let me put it in even stronger terms:
If we’re not praying for those we’re discipling, we’re not discipling.
Image Source
For those who are serious about a biblical vision of disciple making, it ought to be evident that prayer is an essential ingredient. 
The reason I post this though is because it’s probably the thing I am worst at. I need a reminder.
So, if you and I are serious about making disciples of Jesus Christ, let’s stop what we’re doing.
Go for a prayer walk. Turn down the music in your car and pray. Put a half hour of time in your calendar to pray. Do whatever it takes to devote time to pray for those you are discipling. 
If we can’t make time to pray, we’re not actually making disciples.

0 comments:

Post a Comment